An NBC affiliate, WIS-TV is South Carolina's news leader, covering local news, weather, sports and community information in Columbia, Lexington, Sumter, Orangeburg, Newberry, Winnsboro and the rest of the Midlands.
Long recognized for the quality of its work and its commitment to the community, WIS-TV has never relinquished its position as Columbia's local news leader. Its preeminent status in the market has allowed it to extend reach and create multiple revenue opportunities.
WIS-TV is part of Raycom Media, Inc., an employee-owned company and one of the nation's largest broadcasters.
Linear TV, Desktop Display, Social, Desktop Video, Mobile Display, Email
- Headline:South Carolina's news, weather and sports leader - Columbia, South Carolina
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesEntertainment, Government & Politics, Sports
- Key DifferentiatorWhy Television? Television reaches more adults each day than any other medium and is considered the most influential channel of communication. Nearly 90% of adults 18+ report watching television in the previous 24 hours and spend an average of 5.2 hours daily with television. Additionally, 51% of adults also say that a television ad prompted them to go online to find out more. Broadcast television is the public's first choice for news, local weather, traffic and sports. People Using Media Source: eMarketer October 2012; TVB 2012 Media Comparisons Study Why WIS? Since 1953, WIS Television has been the strongest medium in the state of South Carolina. Through over the air, cable and satellite television, WIS is viewed by nearly 300,000 households per week. More than 412,000 adults 18+ have watched WIS news products in the past seven days – compared to 319,000 on our closest competitor. WIS (NBC) 411,395 WLTX (CBS) 318,798 WOLO (ABC) 223,552 WACH (FOX) 188,039 Source: Nielsen Media Research May 2013; Scarborough Spring13 Study WIS strives to help businesses grow and reach their goals. WIS educates our clients on the value of our station's product in the Columbia DMA and partners with them to deliver an effective marketing campaign based on customized research. WIS creates a trustworthy environment that works together for the benefit of our clients and our station. Why WIStv.com and WIS Mobile? WIS' digital products are the Midlands' #1 source for local news and weather, currently reaching more than 1.8 million unique users and garnering 14 million page views each month. Wherever you are, you can connect with WIS – iPad, Android tablet, smartphone apps, mobile websites, Facebook and Twitter. According to Advertising Age, a consumer's intent to buy products increases dramatically if they see a brand's messages advertised on both television and online. Production Take 10 Productions is a full service production facility serving the Midlands and all of South Carolina. Whether you need a commercial, web video, DVD or training video, we can handle it! Advertising Inquiries Bob Nemenz Sales Manager BNemenz@wistv.com (803) 758-1281 Advertise on WIS Communities Websites Raycom Media has partnered with DataSphere to sell local advertising on its 15 community websites. Through this partnership, local businesses are able to reach their target audience through advertisements and sponsorships in the specific communities they represent. For more information or to advertise on our community web sites, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 SDKs
- 4.44 Avg. Rating
- 91 Total reviews
- App Url: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wis-tv/id449892453
- App Support: http://www.wistv.com/about-us/
- Genre: News
- Bundle ID: com.raycommedia.WISNewsApp1
- App Size: 66.1 M
- Version: 6.6.1
- Release Date: July 20th, 2011
- Update Date: March 19th, 2020
Download the power of the WIS News 10 application right to your iPhone!
WIS delivers local news coverage for Columbia and the rest of South Carolina. Features include:
- Breaking news alerts
- Live, local, regional and national news headlines and stories
- Live radar
- Weather forecasts
- Storm tracking
- And so much more!
Views too slanted to left
Very Unhappy User in SC
New wis app horrible
Faithful WIS news watcher
I want the old app back