WWLP, One of the First, High Powered, UHF Stations in the United States.
WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, began broadcasting on March 17, 1953, and has been continuously on the air since signing on. It was one of the original high powered UHF stations licensed by the FCC in the country and the first UHF television station in Massachusetts. WWLP-22News provides local news, network, syndicated, and local programming to western Massachusetts. The station also provides superior digital breaking news and weather coverage through its website WWLP.com and on all mobile devices. WWLP 22.2 is the home of The CW Springfield. In addition to The CW network programming, 22News airs each evening at 10 p.m.
WWLP is western Massachusetts’ leading local multimedia company and advertisers preferred choice for unique, relevant content on all platforms. The station’s award winning website and mobile apps provide clients with innovative opportunities to help grow their businesses. Throughout the years, the station has been honored with a Regional Edward R. Murrow Award, and countless Mass Broadcasters Association Sound Bites, Regional Emmy, Associated Press & ProMax Local awards. WWLP also champions some of the highest profile community events in the Valley, including The American Cancer Society’s Relays For Life, The Red Cross Hero’s Breakfast and our twenty-plus-year-association with Toys For Tots!
About Nexstar Media Group
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest multimedia companies that operates or services 171 television stations in 100 markets along with the industry’s leading digital media business. We offer consumers and advertisers premium quality entertainment and information, content and distribution on every screen. Our robust portfolio of broadcast, digital and mobile products informs and engages 38.9% of U.S. TV households and Internet audience.
Nexstar Media Group offers superior audience engagement across all media devices and local broadcast television’s unrivalled influence on consumers’ purchasing and political decisions.
Nexstar Media Group, Inc.trades on the NYSE under the symbol “NXST”. For more information, visit www.nexstar.tv.
Linear TV, Desktop Display, Social, Desktop Video, Mobile Display, Email
- Headline:Western Massachusetts Breaking News, Weather and Investigative Reports
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesEntertainment, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Travel & Leisure
- Key DifferentiatorPower and Reach of 22News and WWLP.com 22News has been the #1 television source for news and information in western Massachusetts for over 60 years. And, WWLP.com broadcast web site in western Massachusetts, delivering over 12 million page views and 1.2 million unique visitors each month on our desktop, mobile web and app platforms. Reaching the right audience -On average adults spent over 168 minutes a day online, second only to television. -The heaviest users of the internet represent the most attractive cross-section of buying demography. -The second highest percentage of adults learned about new products from the internet… second to television. -Half of adults in all markets have been to broadcast property websites. -That’s why using the combined Power and Reach of 22News and WWLP.com to advertise your business works!
- 50 K Downloads
- 10 SDKs
- 4.35 Avg. Rating
- 542 Total reviews
- App Url: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linmedia.newstouch.wwlp
- App Support: http://www.wwlp.com/
- Genre: news_and_magazines
- Bundle ID: com.linmedia.newstouch.wwlp
- App Size: 33.3 M
- Version: 3131
- Release Date: December 12th, 2012
- Update Date: October 8th, 2020
Experience the brand new WWLP-22News app. Get more news, more weather and more video. It's everything you love about 22 News right at your fingertips.
22News-WWLP has the latest local updates from across western Massachusetts and northern New England.
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with 22 News alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps and video
- Stay up-to-date on school closings and severe weather
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through Report It
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, Facebook(R) and Twitter(TM)